Cardiology is a medical specialty dealing with disorders of the heart (specifically the human heart).
The field includes medical diagnosis and treatment of :
- congenital heart defects
- Disorders of the coronary circulation.
- Disorders of the myocardium.
- Disorders of the pericardium.
- valvular heart disease.
- Diseases of blood vessels (vascular diseases).
- electrophysiology (electrical properties and conduction diseases of the heart).
Physicians who specialize in this field of medicine are called cardiologists.