Wednesday 4 July 2012

- The Pacemaker Potential of the SA Node and the AV Node.

The Pacemaker Potential of the SA Node and the AV Node  

This video shows how the Pacemaker Potential results in the signal that causes the heart to beat.

It shows how the greater conductance for Sodium ions in the Pacemaker Cells in the S.A. Node cause the cells to depolarize, opening voltage-gated Calcium channels when the membrane potential reaches threshold. 

This results in the action potential. Then Potassium channel open, letting Potassium ions leave, repolarizing the cells.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my site thus i came too return the prefer?.I'm trying to to find things to improve
    my website!I guess its good enough to make use of some of your ideas!!


    Also visit my webpage m88 asia

    ReplyDelete

Nice to see your comment here..